Friday, November 27, 2009

The Songs

I'm going to think aloud for this entry... as a disclaimer to any consequences from someone mentioned here, whom I think might read this entry.

Ready? Here goes.

How often is it that songs accurately describe your current situation? That's why I'm into music. It's more than juz a couple of nicely put together words and tunes to give pleasure. It is meaningful, and at times, incredibly emphatic. It's like a painting; It speaks a thousand words, beyond the lyrics itself.

There's a song that describe my scenario right now. I haven't been paying close attention to it's lyrics, until lately. Yep. The MTV oso pretty much reflects mostly wad's going on.

張智成 - 暗戀

我們就站在落地窗的兩邊
就算觸碰也有了界限
如果跨越過彼此那道邊界
是靠近還是更遙遠

Kept telling myself not to stare, but eventually find my eyes kept coming back. Kept telling myself to maintain a reasonable distance, but somehow we get more and more stuck together with each day. Much as I'll like to confess the truth, but i know that both of us are actually relying on this rather grey area to avoid having to come to a clean conclusion, so that things will maintain as comfortable as it is now. As like the chorus of the song above: "如果跨越過彼此那道邊界, 是靠近還是更遙遠". We will lose something either way, if we ever decide to talk about it. And I dun think that it's a great idea for me to be a couple breaker...

I was introduced this song by this person too:

AT17 - 星星


为什么没有星星的夜晚
你总不在我身旁
为什么满天星星的夜晚
你就告诉我你不想
留在那里
噢...一分半秒
噢...告诉我你不再爱我有多难
说 说你不爱我
我不会把你踢到大沙漠
说 说你不爱我
Woo..

It's almost as if that's a solution.. Much as i like the groove and unplug feel of this song, the lyrics are actually depressing me for the bigger part of the time.

How about platonic friendship instead? It's probably the best way to for us to come clean to, keep everything under a comfortable status quo of what's going on now, and yet still different from average friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment