Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm unusually inspired for the past 2 days, esp after watching one of the advertisements that someone posted on facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Qd7qeSd0Y

I probably watched this ad at least 20 times over since last night. Story's about the a deaf girl learning violin, and was looked down upon by her rich, snob peer. The piece played throughout the ad was Canon in D. Loved the part when the deaf street basker, her soulmate who earns a living via playing violin, gave her the advice: "Why do you have to be like the others? Music is a visible thing. Close your eyes and you'll see it." The last half of the ad was abit more dramatic, with her playing the violin, recalling all the hardships she went through, the breeze across a field of gold and... most commented, her hair flying all around her face. On the thought of it now, it's actually kinda funny, but I see it as an abstraction of the state of euphoria induced by music. Of cos, it all ended with a somewhat anti-climate "Pantene - You can shine too", though i'm thankful the wording was only for 3 seconds, and it doesn't feel like it's an ad very related to shampoo.

These days, I've been trying to get back to songwriting but somehow, no words would come out. If I try to force it out, it sounds kinda unsincere and awkward with the phrasing. I don't even get alot of melodies in my mind these days either. I still remember I used to be predominantly depressed many years back, but that was also when I got so much inspirations. Somewhere along the line, I wanna try to be more optimistic/happier, like everyone else, and that's when I stop to "feel" so much, that I guess I could say I'm now somewhat numb already. It's as if I've lost a painful part of myself, which actually I treasure. Something like addicted to pain. I dunno. Kinda hard to put into words.

Maybe will read back into some of my private blog entries and see if I can find some inspirations from past happenings. Or perhaps someone could gimme a pleasant surprise...?

No comments:

Post a Comment