Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Restless

Came back from sch quite early today, but didn't step through the door. Saw the windows still open, so i figured probably my mom is still home. I kinda prefer to be alone when i'm back home, for a particular reason. Usually I would have juz step through the door, but today i'm abit tired to get home. So ended up wandering around my area alone, without any aim.

Was headed for Liang's Court. Along the way, passed through Subordinate Court and Juvenile Court. Saw an art figurine erected outside the juvenile court that portrays a family. I thought it's kinda lame. The cold, stone piece of "art" couldn't really portray family warmth, esp when it's placed outside a Juvenile Court.

Then bypassed MOM and reached boat quay. Walked thru the shophouses by the river. The scenery is good, and it's strange how gentle wind always visit the riverside, amongst scenery. I thought I'll walk by Futures, Zouk or some popular clubs that people around my age goes. Might be good to know their exact location, even if i don't go clubbing. Well, I didn't really find them in the end. So juz headed on to Liang's Court.

I noticed alot of Japanese products sold at Liang's Court. Last time I went, there was some heavy renovations. Now most of the stuffs are up and running, but the lack of crowd makes one wonder if the storeowners there actually have to do money laundering to earn a living. Anyway, I was looking for somewhere that sells European Boardgames cheaply there, which I heard from my ex-colleague. Strangely, I don't find it there. So I had to return empty-handed.

On the way back, I thought I'll take a walk pass OneSeven, a gay spa that a friend told me about damn long ago. The last time i walked by with my friend many years ago, we were like spotting some really bo liao people sitting across the road, commenting and laughing away as they watch some guys goes in and out of the spa centre at night. I thought it's kinda annoying that there are such discriminating people around in the world. Yet, it's equally saddening that these gays actually frequent these spas, largely in mind of looking for a one-night stand... or at least, that's the story I heard about of these gay spas from Internet and some gay friends. Anyway, I did see a guy walking out of the door. The outside doesn't even catch the eyes. Bored, I went over to the opposite street where there's a SAFRA branch.

The outside looks somewhat more interesting, with posters of some WOW competitions and stuffs. I didn't go in either. Doesn't look like anyone goes there, since it's so deserted. With that, I walked further down to Chinatown Point, bought a cup of The Ultimate ice-blended mocha from the CoffeeBean there (which I've been resisting to get, since i saw a frap equivalent at Starbucks earlier at Liang's Court). That concludes me wandering around today, and it took only slightly more than an hr, which I assume any Dragon year ppl would chastize me wasting so much time that could be used for studying.

Sometimes, I kinda wish I'm juz like everyone else, and stop thinking too much. Be more easily pleased by being around the opposite sexes, or go shopping, go clubbing, craptalks, etc. At least, most of my peers seems to be enjoying these. But I guess I don't fit very well into all these. I'm more likely to drown myself out in music and philosophizing, like what I'm doing now. Trying to find some meanings for what I'm doing now.

Shrug. I think I'm starting to sound like I'm going through some mid-life crisis, which i'm trying to avoid in this blog. Think will stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment