Thursday, December 3, 2009

Drinking

Today's the last day of reservice. It rained heavily. Close friends would know what's the implications.

In the evening, there's some kinda cohesion event going on with all reservice platoons. There were some rather... insignificant prizes to be won, and beer. Really diluted Tiger Beer. There's no aftertaste of malt. Only bitter water that bites the throat. I expected better drinks. I'm not a frequent drinker, but I drink only when I need to.

True. Many might argue over what's the purposes of drinking. It doesn't taste good. People tends to cause trouble or become a nuisance when they overdrink. It's not good for the liver.
... But, it offers courage when needed, or reduce sobriety when there's no need for them. Drinking doesn't solve problems, but when being too sober doesn't solve problems either, at least it knocks you out of the pain for that night. And hopefully... just hopefully... things will get better tomorrow. It's like... panadol. Actually it's better than it since panadol actually resides in your system for many weeks, while alcohol is flush out of your system completely in a day or 2, save for any burns to the liver and stomach.

What am I to do with the sober me now?

This song, is me now:

A Bitter Song by Butterfly Boucher

All I need is a bitter song
To make me better
Much better
All I need to write is a bitter song
To make me better
Much better

It found me to hold me
But I don't like it at all
Won't feed it,
Won't grow it
It's folded in my stomach;
It's not fair,
I found love;
It made me say that.
Get back,
You'll never see daylight;
If I'm not strong it just might.

All I need is a bitter song
To make me better
Much better
All I need to write is a bitter song
To make me better
I feel better
I feel better

No comments:

Post a Comment