Monday, December 28, 2009

Of Christmas, Debates and Animes

I had a rather nice Christmas Eve this year. I'm pretty proud of the salad I've made. I had to experiment doing it like 2 days before Christmas Eve. Glad everyone likes it at the Christmas Eve Potluck gathering with my small group of friends. I've gotten pretty much the best present I could have chosen during the present exchange: A box of chocolate. I would have gladly shared them at the party, since a number of my friends returned to the Singles' Club.

Christmas is over, and now I feel poorer than before. Sigh. Thankfully, no gambling was involved this year.

Juz tried to start watching an anime last night (though i really need to start studying instead!): Fullmetal Alchemist. There was one episode that was quite disturbing. A father, in order to continue being a State Alchemist, performed fusion between his only daughter and their family dog, to create a Chimera that could understand human language... And previously, people thought that his wife was long dead. It was revealed that the 1st work that earned him the status of State Alchemist was none other than the chimera fusion of his wife and a dog, which only said once that it wanted to die, then gradually died as a result of refusing to eat.

Last night, I also got myself into a debate with a facebook friend from... Indonesia? We were discussing about a phrase:

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory - Friedrich Engels

And of course, all the sociological stuffs starts to flood my mind. I'm supposed to have disposed them since months ago! Oh well. Anyway, I was ranting about my displeasure of the education system in general. I'll save the details here. But at the end of the debate, it was nice to knowing 2 foreign intellectuals from Indonesia and Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment