Monday, December 7, 2009

Of 0s, 1s and 9s

There are some people in this world, who try as they might, still remain insignificant.

Consider the case of 0.4. Everyone seems to start off as this number. Round it off to the nearest whole number, it's 0.

Some people tried hard, to change themselves, for the sake of themselves and others. Celebrated cases typically gets "broadcasted"/"idolised". They've become 0.5 or greater, which rounds them of to 1. But the less known, yet more common scenerio is when people ended up adding more 9s behind their decimal. 0.49. 0.499. 0.4999. 0.49999. Whatever they do, they still end up as 0 when rounded up to nearest whole number.

Perhaps in that case, by adding 1 more person to your life, only will your existence be significant; A significance shared by 2 person; Finding the other half.

Living in this big universe, people end up feeling small and insignificant. Perhaps that's why people get together. At the end of the long equations of life, I wonder what number will I end up as. Or perhaps, it's more important that we accept who we are, so that we are internally whole?

(Perceived self value / "Real" self value = 0.4 / 0.4 = 1)

On this note, here's 1 of my fav song that cross my mind at this point of time:

The Scientist - Coldplay

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions
Oh, let's go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a science apart

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh, take me back to the start

I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling the puzzles apart
Questions of science, science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart

But tell me you love me, come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles, chasing our tails
Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
Oh, it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I'm going back to the start

Oh ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh
Ah ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh
Oh ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh
Oh ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh

No comments:

Post a Comment